Sunday, July 27, 2014

If

If I could jog down memory lane
And leave my name on the lips of the sand
If I could take back any time i was insecure or insane
Every time i took matters into my own hands
If I could urge my thoughts to be anything but mundane
And instead make them into a thousand singing bands
If I could
There would probably be no if.

If I took the padlock off the book that is my life
And allowed my being to be fully understood
If I gave them a chance to know my strife
I wouldn't have crumbled under all that load
If my words had betrayed the emotions which were rife
They would have perceived my every mood
If I could
There would probably be no if.

If I gave my heart a voice
Rather than shut her up when she tried to speak
If I tried to be nice
When my temper rose to its peak
If my words were not a reflection of ice
They would know the warmth my heart could leak
If I could
There would probably be no if.

3 comments: